Vietnam Visa can be extended or renewed for a period of time. Depending on your wishes, you can choose to apply either of them. There are many types of visas in Vietnam, each of them has its own validities, requirements, and fees. Let’s take a look at this post.
List of contents
What is a visa extension or visa renewal?
Visa extension is just a small stamp, you can choose a new visa stamp valid for another 15 days, 30 days, 90 days or 180 days (only when your current visa is 5-years visa exemption). It’s also called a single entry as you could not use this visa to travel outside Vietnam and then come back. It will be canceled when you leave the country even when the visa stamp still valid. Therefore, you have to apply for a new Vietnam Visa before coming to Vietnam again.
Unlike the visa extension, you will be stamped a new visa sticker with multiple entry purposes. There are some cases, applicants can apply for a new visa valid 30 days, 90 days, 180 days or even 1 year.
How to apply for visa extension or visa renewal:
Step 1: prepare a basic requirement:
- Your original passport must be valid for over 6 months.
- 02 passport photos size 4×6 with white background.
- Completed visa application form (Form Na5).
- Proof of temporary residence registration by ward police.
Depending on your category, the extra requirement will be asked (click here to see more detail).
Step 2: Hand in the documents above to either the Immigration Department or Office in Ho Chi Minh as below:
- Immigration Office: 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ward 6, District 3.
- Immigration Department: 337 Nguyen Trai, Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, District 1.
Step 3: Get back your passport with a new visa stamp.
Processing fee: 5 – 7 working days after you have submitted all requirements.
Working hours: Monday – Friday (Morning: 7:30 Am – 11h30am; Afternoon: 13:30 Pm – 16:30 Pm) and Saturday (8:30 Am – 10:30 Am).
- Expedited service is not available.
- Immigration Department and Office DO NOT WORK during the weekend and Vietnam Public Holidays. Therefore, your visa application won’t be solved during this time.
How much does it cost to extend or renew a Vietnam visa?
As we mentioned above, each type of Vietnam visa has its own regulation, requirement, and fee. Therefore, please contact directly to the Immigration Department/Office for more detail.
In case you want to save your time and avoid the complex procedure, please contact us via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 902 795 056 – 918 709 338