South African citizens need a visa to enter Vietnam on any purpose from tourists to businesses and others. Therefore, the Vietnam visa fees vary as it depends on the way you apply for a visa, type of visa, period of time you want to stay in Vietnam…On this page, we would like to show you some popular ways and a quotation to get a Vietnam visa.
Currently, there are 2 ways to get a visa to Vietnam for South African citizens.
1. Apply for a Vietnam Visa at local Embassy
Here are the contact details of the Vietnam Embassy in South Africa.
Address: 87 Brooks Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria, Republic of South Africa.
Tel: +27 (0)12 362 8119
Fax: +27 (0)12 362 8115
Please contact directly to the Embassy as the visa fees vary. It depends on your visa purposes, type of visa, visa validity and expedited fee (if any). Also, you have to calculate the traveling fee to reach the Embassy or delivering services as you have to submit your original passport to get the visa stamp.
Note: the visa fees won’t be refunded when your application is rejected.
2. Vietnam Visa Online for South Africa
Another way to get a visa to Vietnam is visa on arrival. This way allows you to apply visa online and get the visa stamp upon arrival airport. It does not matter where you live, no passport submission and you just need to follow 03 simple steps as below:
- Fill in the visa secure form online.
- Receive the visa approval letter via email within 3 working days or less.
- Submit the letter when you arrive at Vietnam airport to get the visa stamp. That’s it!
How much does a visa cost?
You could save a lot of money and time as you don’t need to visit the Embassy. And here is the sample of Vietnam visa fee (provided by Vietdream travel).
Applicants for this type of visa need to pay for 2 types of fees:
- Visa service fee: pay to the agent to handle and apply a visa for you at Immigration Department.
- Visa stamp fee: is regulated by the Vietnamese Government. You need to pay this fee to Immigration Officers upon arrival airport in order to get a visa stamp into your passport.
The standard processing time is 3 working days. And expedited service is available.
1. Tourist/visiting visa:
Urgent case: +US $20, you will receive the result from 4 – 8 working hours.
Emergency case: +US $80, you will get the visa within 45 minutes.
Note: the Vietnam Embassy DOES NOT WORK on the weekend and Vietnam Public Holiday but you can apply for the Emergency visa to Vietnam with the visa on arrival.
2. Business/working visa:
Urgent case: +US $20 to get the result within 2 working days.
Emergency case: +US $70 to get the visa within 8 working hours.
- Only the tourist visa can be solved during the weekend or Public holiday.
- We will refund 100% of your payment if your application is rejected by the Government.
After all, kindly let us know if you have any questions about Vietnam visa fees for South African citizens via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 902 795 056 – 918 709 338