As many of you may know, Vietnam is visa-free for most Southeast Asian countries. So East Timor is also a country located in Southeast Asia, can Vietnam visa-free? Join Vietdream Travel’s visa service for foreigners to find out the regulations on visa issuance for Timor-Leste citizens in the following article.
Timor-Leste citizens exempt from Vietnam visa?
Currently, Vietnam and Timor-Leste have no official documents on visa exemption for citizens of the two sides. Besides, according to Vietnam’s latest unilateral visa exemption policy, East Timor is not on this list. Therefore, Timorese who want to enter Vietnam are required to apply for a visa.
How to get a Vietnam tourist visa
1. Apply at Vietnam Embassy
Until now, there is no Vietnam Embassy in the Timor-Leste or any Vietnam representative office located in this country so you can’t apply for your Vietnam visa from this office. Also, please contact the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate, where you decide to apply for a visa, for more details about their requirements and fees.
2. Vietnam Visa on arrival
Vietnam visa on arrival is the best option for applicants from this country. You can choose to apply for a visa valid for 1 or 3 months, for tourist or business purposes. There are only 03 simple steps that need to complete as below:
- Fill in the secure application form.
- Receive an approval visa letter via email after the progressing time.
- Print out the letter and submit it to get the visa stamp after you arrive at Vietnam international airport (Ha Noi/ Ho Chi Minh/ Da Nang/ Nha Trang…).
- Visa on arrival airport accepts only at Vietnam International airports. Travelers, who come to Vietnam via borderland or seaport, need to obtain a visa stamp into your passport in advance.
- It should be noted that the Immigration Law 2019 stipulate travelers who come with the tourist visa valid for 30 days or more, will only be entitled to a temporary stay of 30 days. A visa extension is available when you want to spend more time in this country.
How much does it cost?
The first is the service fee pays for us to handle your visa application at the Vietnam Immigration Department. And the second is stamping fee pays to Immigration Officers on arrival airport to get visa stamp into your passport.
The standard visa processing time is 3 working days and visa emergency service is available.
Timor-Leste is in the list of 80 countries granted Vietnam e-visa.
Here are 3 conditions for East Timor citizens if they want to apply for a visa to enter Vietnam:
- There must be an organization, business or individual in Vietnam to provide a guarantee (except for the case of applying for an electronic visa).
- Original passport valid for at least 06 months (from the date of entry) & at least 2 blank pages
- Not on the list of prohibited entry to Vietnam
Vietnam business visa for Timor-Leste
After all, don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the Vietnam tourist visa for Timor-Leste citizens.