Visa extension for foreigners in Vietnam is an important and necessary procedure to travel, work or live long-term in this country. With the development of economics and tourism, Binh Duong has become a destination attracting many foreigners to come here to work and live. Therefore, visa extension in Binh Duong has become more popular and important than ever. In this article, we will learn about Vietnam visa extension procedures for foreigners in Binh Duong.
List of contents
What type of visa can be extended and what is the maximum duration?
There are many types of Vietnamese visas, the most popular are tourism, business, working as contract, dependent visa, investment visa, visa exemption, study visa… However, not all types of visas are possible to extend.
In addition, some types of visas require the applicants to provide complete and detailed documents when they want to extend or renew the visa.
The visa duration of Vietnam visa, according to immigration, regulations with a maximum of:
– 90 days for business visa.
– Less than 180 days for 5-year visa exemption, and dependent visa for parents; spouse; children over 18 years old of foreigners working for a company in Binh Duong with a valid visa of over 6 months.
– Less than 1 year for investment visa, for foreigners who are contributing investment capital with an amount of less than 3 billion VND.
How to extend Vietnam Visa in Binh Duong?
To extend visa in Binh Duong, foreigners need to follow these steps:
Step 1: Prepare documents
As mentioned above, only some types of Vietnamese visas are allowed to be extended when foreigners have fully prepared the necessary documents including:
- Passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry and has at least 1 blank page.
- Copy of temporary residence for foreigners
- Notarised copy of business license/operation license from a sponsor unit/company in Binh Duong.
In addition, depending on the type of visa you that you have, applicant need to prepare additional documents as required, specifically as follows:
1, For the type of business or working visa
- Complete form NA5
- Notarised copy of Form 1 – approval to use foreign workers issued by the Department of Labor.
- Visa approval letter (VOL) or copy of old work permit for work visa.
- Explanation letter for visa extension.
2, For investment visa type
- Complete form NA5.
- Certified copy of capital investment certificate, and tax record (at least 2 most recent quarters).
3, For visit visa type:
- Complete form NA5.
- Certified of proving relationship (birth certificate; marriage certificate…) that have been legalized and translated into Vietnamese.
4, Visa exemption for 5 years:
- Complete form NA5 with confirmation from the local police and signature of the guarantor.
- Notarised copy of ID card and proof of relationship with the guarantor.
Step 2: Submit application and pay for visa fee
After fully preparing the documents, foreigners need to go to the immigration office in Binh Duong:
Working hours: 7:30 – 10:30; 14:00 – 16:30 from Monday to Friday.
The Immigration Office does not work on the weekend and Vietnam Public holidays.
Once you submit the application, you have to pay visa fees which regulated as below:
– 10 USD for single visa;
– 50 USD for a multiple-entry visa which valid not exceeding 90 days;
– 95 USD for multiple visas which valid less than 180 days.
– 135 USD for a multiple-entry visa which valid less than 1 year.
Step 3: Wait for results
After submitting the application and paying the fee, foreigners need to wait about 5 working days to receive the results. In case of necessity, the extension period may be longer depending on each specific case.
How to extend or renew Vietnam tourist visa or E-visa in Binh Duong?
Currently, the tourist visa or E-visa can not be extended. And also with business; working visa, or visiting relative visa…incase can not provide fully requirements still can not renew/extend the visa.
So on these cases and foreigners who want spend more time in the country should contact with visa agent to do visa run to borderland. Instead waiting outside the country then apply for a new visa which may takes several days for you to get back Vietnam, we can help you get a visa WITHIN a day.
We also provide transportation service from Binh Duong to borderland to get a new visa then come back, and also free guide and advice, follow up until you get a new visa. After all, don’t hesitate to contact us when you have any question relate to extend Vietnam visa in Binh Duong:
Tel: 028 3838 8322 – Hotline: (+84)918 709 338
Working hours: 7:00 – 22:00 every day EVEN during the weekends and Vietnam Public Holidays.