Australian passport holders have REQUIRED a visa to visit Vietnam. Currently, there are 2 ways to get a Vietnam visa in Melbourne. You can choose to apply either at the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate or apply online for a visa on arrival airport.
- Besides a Vietnam visa, your passport MUST be valid over 6 months beyond the arrive time.
- Visa on arrival airport accepts only at Vietnam International airports. Travelers, who come to Vietnam via borderland or seaport, need to obtain a visa stamp into your passport in advance.
1. Apply at the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate
At the moment, there is no Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in Melbourne. Applicants need to come to Canberra, Sydney or Perth to apply for a Vietnam visa. The nearest place, to get a visa, is Canberra. It takes about 7 hours of driving or 1 hour of flying.
Working time: Monday – Friday: 9.00 am – 17.00 pm (except Vietnamese and Australian national holidays).
2. Vietnam Visa on arrival
Another way to get a Vietnam visa from Australia is applying for a Visa on arrival online. In this way, you don’t need to visit the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate. In short, you just need to complete 03 simple steps as below:
- Apply online by secure application form
- Receive a pre-arranged visa letter via email.
- Print out the letter and submit it to get the visa stamp after you arrive at Vietnam international airport (Ha Noi/ Ho Chi Minh/ Da Nang/ Nha Trang…).
For more detail about how to apply for a tourist visa on arrival airport to Vietnam, please click here.
How much does a Vietnam visa cost in Melbourne?
If you apply for a visa at the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate, please contact directly to the Office for more details about visa procedures and fees.
Travelers who apply for the tourist visa on arrival airport need to pay 02 types of fees: service fee and stamp fee.
- Service fee pays for us to handle your visa application at the Immigration Department.
- Stamp fee is regulated by the Vietnamese Government. You need to pay to Immigration Officers on arrival airport in order to get visa stamp onto your passport.
Here is the Vietnam visa fees:
Furthermore, the Vietnam visa on arrival airport works on the weekend, both Vietnam and Australia public holidays. Also, expedited visa service is available. (Click here for more detail).
After all, kindly let us know if you have any questions about Vietnam visa in Melbourne via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 902 795 056 – 918 709 338