Vietnam is a country that attracting many tourists to come for work, travel, and business from Asia especially Malaysian citizens who can travel to Vietnam for up to 30 days without a visa. However, for any visits longer than a 30-day period, it is necessary to apply for a Vietnam visa. Take the chance, we’ve prepared this article to share with you valuable information about the process. Besides a Vietnam visa, travelers need to acknowledge some other things such as:
- Your passport MUST be valid over 6 months beyond the arrive time and have at least 2 blank pages for visa stamps.
- Travelers need to to show the onward ticket when coming to Vietnam on the visa exemption.
- Children under the age of 14 years who have their own passport can be exempted or have to pay the same fees to obtain a Vietnam visa as adults.
- Travelers who arrive at Phu Quoc directly from a third country, or from airports in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, can stay on this island without a visa for up to 30 days.
- Visa on arrival airport accepts only at Vietnam International airports. Travelers, who come to Vietnam via borderland or seaport, need to obtain a visa stamp into your passport in advance.
1. Apply at Vietnam Embassy
There is currently the 01 Vietnam Embassy office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. That means your Vietnam visa application or consular legalization can be processed more quickly and conveniently than you are in a country without the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate. Below is the contact information for these offices.
Address: No.4, Persiaran Stonor 50450, Kualar Lumpur
Phone: 2148 4534
Fax: (603) 2148 4534; Consular: 2148 4036
Working time: Monday – Friday: 9.00 am – 17.00 pm, Monday through Friday.
The Embassy does not work on the weekend, in both Vietnam and Malaysia public holidays. If a public holiday falls on a weekend, the nearest Monday and Tuesday are usually taken instead.
2. Vietnam Visa on arrival
The easiest way to get a Vietnam visa for Malaysians stayed longer than 30 days to apply for a visa online. In this way, you don’t need to visit the Vietnam Embassy or send off your passport to the Office. In short, you just need to complete 03 simple steps as below:
- Apply online by secure application form
- Receive an approval visa letter email after progressing time.
- Print out the letter and submit it to get the visa stamp after you arrive at Vietnam international airport (Ha Noi/ Ho Chi Minh/ Da Nang/ Nha Trang…). That’s all.
After all, if you have any questions about Vietnam visa requirements for Malaysian citizens, please contact us via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 902 795 056 – 918 709 338
Or email@example.com – firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply