Japanese citizens DO NOT need an entry visa for a stay of a maximum of 15 days in Vietnam. It should be noted, after your 1st visa exemption period, you have to wait outside Vietnam for at least 30 days to get the next visa exemption period. Therefore, you need to apply for a visa to Vietnam when you want to spend more than 15 days in this country or a gap between two visa-free is less than 30 days.
Currently, there are 2 ways to get a Vietnam visa from Japan.
Note: Besides a Vietnam visa, your passport MUST be valid over 6 months beyond arrive time.
1. Apply at the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate
Here are the contact details of the Vietnam Embassy and Consulate in Japan.
- Vietnam Embassy in Fukuoka
Address: 4F, Aqua Hakata, 5-3-8 Nakasu, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Japan 810-0801
Direct line:(+81) 922637668
- Vietnam Consulate in Tokyo
Address: Tokyo, 151-0062, Shibuya-ku, Motoyoyogi-cho, 50-11.
Tel: (813) 3466-3313; 3466-3311; 3466-3314.
- Vietnam Embassy in Osaka
Address: 4-2-15 Ichinocho Higashi, Sakai-ku, Sakai-shi, Osaka 590-0952, Japan
Main line: +81-72-221-6666
Working times: from Monday to Friday (except Vietnamese and Japanese national holidays).
– Morning: from 9h to 12h (Monday only: from 10h30 to 12h)
– Afternoon: from 14h to 17h
2. Vietnam Visa on arrival
Another way to get a Vietnam visa from Japan is applying for a Visa on arrival airport. In this way, you don’t need to visit the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate. In short, you just need to complete 03 simple steps as below:
- Apply for a visa online by filling secure application form
- Receive a visa approval letter via email after processing time.
- Print out the letter and submit it to get the visa stamp after you arrive at Vietnam international airport (Ha Noi/ Ho Chi Minh/ Da Nang/ Nha Trang…).
- The visa on arrival work on the weekend, both Vietnam and the Japan public holiday. Also, the visa approval letter is accepted at all international airports in Vietnam BUT not at borderland or seaport.
- Your passport requires the validity of at least 06 months beyond arrival time.
After all, if you have any questions about Vietnam visa for Japanese citizens, please contact us via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 902 795 056 – 918 709 338