Vietnam is a beautiful country and famous for tourist destinations such as Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi and Ha Long Bay. For those coming from Singapore, you will be granted 30 days visa-free entry for tourist, visiting purpose. If you want to stay more than the specified number of days or coming to Vietnam with working; business purpose, you need to apply for a visa.
Common visa types for Singaporean passport holders
- 30-day visa exemption: for tourists visiting Vietnam for a short period of time (no more than 30 days).
- Tourist visa (symbol DL) or Evisa: valid for a maximum of 90 days for tourism purposes, family visits, commercial purposes…
- Business visa (symbol DN): valid for a maximum of 90 days for business and work purposes.
- Working visa (Symbol LD): valid according to the work permit, for workers from Singapore
- Dependent visa (Symbol TT or VR) is a type of visa issued to foreign relatives working in Vietnam.
- 5-year visa exemption is granted to foreigners who have registered their marriage with Vietnamese people.
- Student visa (Symbol DH) issued to students studying at one of the schools in Vietnam.
- Investment visa (DT symbol) issued to foreigners contributing capital and investing in Vietnam
How to apply Vietnam visa for Singaporean citizens
There are 2 basic ways to apply for a Vietnam visa for Singaporeans:
1. Apply for a Vietnam visa at the local Embassy
Here are the contact details of the Vietnam Embassy in Singapore.
Address: 10 Leedon Park, Singapore 267887
Telephone: (+65) 64625938
Working Hours for Consular Affairs:
- Monday– Friday (Except Viet Nam’s and Singapore’s Public Holidays and Weekends).
- Morning: from 09.00 hrs – 12.00 hrs (for Visas).
2. Vietnam visa online
Another way to get a Vietnam visa is applying for a Visa online. In this way, you don’t need to visit the Vietnam Embassy. In short, you just need to complete 03 simple steps as below:
- Apply for a visa online by secure application form
- Receive a visa approval letter or Vietnam Evisa via email.
- Print out the letter and submit it on arrival checkpoints to get the visa stamp into your passport.
- The visa online work on the weekend, both Vietnam and the Singapore public holiday.
- Your passport requires the validity of at least 06 months beyond arrival time.
After all, if you have any questions about Vietnam visa for Singaporean citizens, please contact us via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 28 3838 8322 – 918 709 338