Cape Verdean citizens who want to travel to Vietnam for tourism or business need a visa to enter. However, applying for a visa at Vietnamese embassies in West African countries is very difficult and expensive. For added convenience, many Cape Verde visitors have chosen Vietnam visa on arrival as an alternative. In this article, we will provide specific instructions on the visa process for Cape Verdeans, along with the benefits and limitations of this type of visa.
List of contents
Vietnam Visa on arrival for Cape Verde Citizens
In order to get a visa on arrival airport, applicants need to follow 3 simple steps as below:
- Fill in the visa application form and settle visa fees.
- Receive a visa approval letter or Vietnam E-visa via email after handling time.
- Print out the letter and submit it at “visa office” after arriving at Vietnam International checkpoints to get a full stamp into your passport.
Visa procedures for applying for a visa at Vietnam airport
Before coming to Vietnam, you need to prepare:
- A copy of the visa approval letter or Vietnam E-visa
- Visa application form (NA1 form) which can download and complete in advance.
- Two photos with a white background, size 4x6cm, taken within 6 months.
- Original passport valid for at least 6 months from date of entry.
- Visa application fee (incase you use and submit visa approval letter/invitation letter which cost 25USD for single entry or 50USD for multiple entries less than 90 days).
- Prove of financial, hotel booking, return ticket…
After arriving Vietnam, you have to
Step 1: go into the airport and find the visa counter.
Step 2: Submit visa application form (NA1 form), visa letter, passport, stamp fee… to customs officials.
Step 3: Customs officers check your submitted documents and information.
Step 4: If the application is correct and valid, the customs officer will put a visa stamp on the passport.
Step 5: Foreigners receive their passports with visa stamps and proceed with entry procedures.
Time for handling visa applications at Vietnam airports is around 30 – 45 minutes.
How much does a Vietnam visa on arrival for Cape Verde citizens cost?
There are 02 types of fees you have to pay:
- Service fee: pays for visa agent to handle your visa application at the Vietnam Immigration Department.
- Stamp fee: pays to get visa stamp into your passport on arrival airport. It should be noted, applicants for Vietnam Evisa do not need to pay for stamping fee.
The standard visa processing time is 5-7 working days and visa urgent service is available which can help you get a visa in 1 or 2 days.
The stamp fee regulates byVietnam Ministry Finance, and also you can check here for our visa on arrival fees or click down here to
Importantly, the visa on arrival works on the weekends, both Vietnam and Cape Verde holidays.
After all, if you have any questions about Vietnam visa on arrival for Cape Verde citizens, please contact us via:
Hotline/WhatsApp/Viber/Zalo (+84)28 3838 8322 – 918 709 338