Italian citizens DO NOT need an entry visa for a stay of a maximum of 15 days in Vietnam. After using 1st visa exemption, you have to wait outside Vietnam for at least 30 days in order to get the next visa exemption. Therefore, you need to apply for a visa to Vietnam when you want to spend more than 15 days in this country or a gap between two visa-free is less than 30 days.
- Besides a Vietnam visa, your passport MUST be valid over 6 months beyond the arrive time and have at least 2 blank pages for visa stamps.
- Travelers need to to show the onward ticket when coming to Vietnam with the visa exemption.
- Children under the age of 14 years who have their own passport can be exempted or have to pay the same fees to obtain a Vietnam visa as adults.
- Travelers who arrive at Phu Quoc directly from a third country, or from airports in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, can stay on this island without a visa for up to 30 days.
- Visa on arrival airport accepts only at Vietnam International airports. Travelers, who come to Vietnam via borderland or seaport, need to obtain a visa stamp into your passport in advance.
Outside these exemptions, Italian citizens need to have a visa that is provided in two ways. First, applying through the Vietnam Embassy in Italy and second is getting a visa on arrival airport (VOA), something we can help you with.
1. Apply at the Vietnam Embassy in Italy.
Here are the contact details of the Embassy.
Address: 156 Via di Bravetta – 00164 Roma – Italia
Tel: +39-06-6160726 / 66162504
Working time: Monday – Friday: 9.00 am – 12.30 pm (except Vietnamese and Italian national holidays).
2. Vietnam Visa on arrival
Another way to get a Vietnam visa from Italy is applying for a visa online. In this way, you don’t need to visit the Vietnam Embassy. In short, you just need to complete 03 simple steps as below:
- Apply for a visa online by secure application form
- Receive a visa approval letter via email.
- Print out the letter and submit it to get the visa stamp after you arrive at Vietnam international airport (Ha Noi/ Ho Chi Minh/ Da Nang/ Nha Trang…).
Importantly, the visa on arrival airport accepts only when you travel by air. If you enter Vietnam via borderland, you have to visit the Consulate to get a visa stamp beforehand.
After all, if you have any questions about Vietnam visa requirements for Italian citizens, please contact us via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 902 795 056 – 918 709 338