Do Americans need a visa to enter Vietnam?
All US citizens who want to enter Vietnam for tourism or business purposes MUST apply for a Vietnam visa.
In order to enter Vietnam, in addition to a visa, American tourists also need to meet the following 02 entry conditions:
- US passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Vietnam;
- US passport with at least 02 blank pages.
How to get a Vietnam tourist visa
1. Apply at Vietnam Embassy
Until now, there is no Vietnam Embassy in The United States Minor Outlying Islands or any Vietnam representative office located in this country so you can’t apply for your Vietnam visa from this office. Also, please contact the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate, where you decide to apply for a visa, for more details about their requirements and fees.
2. Vietnam Visa on arrival
Vietnam visa on arrival is the best option for applicants from this country. You can choose to apply for a visa valid for 1 or 3 months, for tourist or business purposes. There are only 03 simple steps that need to complete as below:
- Fill in the secure application form.
- Receive an approval visa letter via email after the progressing time.
- Print out the letter and submit it to get the visa stamp after you arrive at Vietnam international airport (Ha Noi/ Ho Chi Minh/ Da Nang/ Nha Trang…).
- Visa on arrival airport accepts only at Vietnam International airports. Travelers, who come to Vietnam via borderland or seaport, need to obtain a visa stamp into your passport in advance.
- It should be noted that the Immigration Law 2019 stipulate travelers who come with the tourist visa valid for 30 days or more, will only be entitled to a temporary stay of 30 days. A visa extension is available when you want to spend more time in this country.
How much does it cost?
The first is the service fee pays for us to handle your visa application at the Vietnam Immigration Department. And the second is the stamping fee pays to Immigration Officers on arrival airport to get a visa stamp into your passport.
The standard visa processing time is 3 working days and visa emergency service is available.
Visitors can apply for a tourist visa on their own at the official government website.
Some notes when making your own visa Vietnam:
- Visitors must make sure to upload photos according to the requirements
- Make sure the information you fill in the declaration form is correct
- The system will not notify the results via email, so visitors will need to note the time to enter the system to check the results.
- The normal processing time is 3 working days, however, it can be longer depending on the number of applications submitted for review.
In case you are not familiar with the procedures, are afraid of making mistakes in the process of filling in the declaration form, or need a visa urgently, you can completely ask us for assistance.
After all, don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the Vietnam tourist visa for The United States Minor Outlying Islands.