If you are in Micronesia but your nationality is not on the Vietnam visa exemption list, just choose one of the two ways below to apply for a Vietnam visa.
Besides a valid visa, travelers need to acknowledge some other things as below:
- Your passport MUST be valid over 6 months beyond the arrive time and have at least 2 blank pages for visa stamps.
- Travelers need to to show the onward ticket when coming to Vietnam on the visa exemption.
Children under the age of 14 years who have their own passport can be exempted or have to pay the same fees to obtain a Vietnam visa as adults.
- Travelers who arrive at Phu Quoc directly from a third country, or from airports in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, can stay on this island without a visa for up to 30 days.
- Visa on arrival airport accepts only at Vietnam International airports. Travelers, who come to Vietnam via borderland or seaport, need to obtain a visa stamp into your passport in advance.
How to get a Vietnam visa?
This is the traditional way to apply for a Vietnam visa and is recommended to use. It applies to every citizen and every border gate in Vietnam (airport, land or sea).
However, there is NO Vietnam embassy in the Federated States of Micronesia so applicants from this country will have to find Vietnam embassies from surrounding countries to apply from.
Procedure: Go to the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate near you to apply for a visa. You are required to leave your original passport and it will take approximately 4-5 business days to process. You should contact the Embassy/Consulate in advance regarding visa requirements.
Vietnam Visa on arrival
The easiest way to get a Vietnam visa is by applying for a visa online. In this way, you don’t need to visit the Vietnam Embassy or send off your passport to the Office. In short, you just need to complete 03 simple steps as below:
- Fill in the secure application form.
- Receive a visa approval letter via email after processing time.
- Print out the letter and submit it to get the visa stamp after you arrive at Vietnam international airport (Ha Noi/ Ho Chi Minh/ Da Nang/ Nha Trang…).
- How to get a Vietnam tourist visa from The Federated States of Micronesia?
- How to get a Vietnam business visa from The Federated States of Micronesia?
After all, if you have any questions about Vietnam visa requirements for The Federated States of Micronesia citizens, please contact us via: