Vietnam is a country that attracting many tourists to come for work, travel, and business from Asia especially Indonesian citizens who can travel to Vietnam for up to 30 days without a Vietnam visa. However, for any visits longer than a 30-day period, it is necessary to apply for a Vietnam visa. Take the chance, we’ve prepared this article to share with you valuable information about the process. Besides a Vietnam visa, travelers need to acknowledge some other things such as:
- Your passport MUST be valid over 6 months beyond the arrive time and have at least 2 blank pages for visa stamps.
- Travelers need to to show the onward ticket when coming to Vietnam on the visa exemption.
- Children under the age of 14 years who have their own passport can be exempted or have to pay the same fees to obtain a Vietnam visa as adults.
- Travelers who arrive at Phu Quoc directly from a third country, or from airports in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, can stay on this island without a visa for up to 30 days.
- Visa on arrival airport accepts only at Vietnam International airports. Travelers, who come to Vietnam via borderland or seaport, need to obtain a visa stamp into your passport in advance.
How to get a Vietnam visa?
1. Apply at Vietnam Embassy
There is currently the 01 Vietnam Embassy office in Jakarta, Indonesia. That means your Vietnam visa application or consular legalization can be processed more quickly and conveniently than you are in a country without the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate. Below is the contact information for the office.
Address: Jl. Teuku Umar. No 25, Jakarta Pusat, Jakarta
Tel: 0062-21-3100358 – Consul : 0062-21-3158537
Working hours: from 08.00 to 16.30 Mondays to Fridays
The Embassy does not work on the weekend, in both Vietnam and Indonesia public holidays. If a public holiday falls on a weekend, the nearest Monday and Tuesday are usually taken instead.
2. Vietnam Visa on arrival
The easiest way to get a Vietnam visa for Indonesian stayed longer than 30 days to apply for a visa online. In this way, you don’t need to visit the Vietnam Embassy or send off your passport to the Office. In short, you just need to complete 03 simple steps as below:
- Fill in the secure application form.
- Receive an approval visa letter email after progressing time.
- Print out the letter and submit it to get the visa stamp after you arrive at Vietnam international airport (Ha Noi/ Ho Chi Minh/ Da Nang/ Nha Trang…). That’s all.
How much does it cost?
There are 02 types of fees you have to pay:
- The first is the service fee pays for us to handle your visa application at the Vietnam Immigration
- Department and the second is stamping fee pays to Immigration Officers on arrival airport to get visa stamp into your passport.
After all, if you have any questions about Vietnam visa requirements for Indonesian citizens, please contact us via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 902 795 056 – 918 709 338