Malagasy citizens need a visa in order to enter Vietnam for any purpose. Besides a valid visa, travelers need to acknowledge some other things as below:
- Your passport MUST be valid over 6 months beyond the arrive time and have at least 2 blank pages for visa stamps.
- Travelers need to to show the onward ticket when coming to Vietnam on the visa exemption.
- Children under the age of 14 years who have their own passport can be exempted or have to pay the same fees to obtain a Vietnam visa as adults.
- Travelers who arrive at Phu Quoc directly from a third country, or from airports in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, can stay in this island without a visa for up to 30 days.
- Visa on arrival airport accepts only at Vietnam International airports. Travelers, who come to Vietnam via borderland or seaport, need to obtain a visa stamp into your passport in advance.
How to get a visa?
We regret to inform that there is currently no Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate in Madagascar so applicants from this country will have to find Vietnam embassy from surrounding countries to apply from.
Embassy of Vietnam in countries close to Madagascar: Mozambique & Tanzania
To apply for a Vietnam Visa, you must prepare the necessary documents:
- A visa application form filled in with your information, printed, and attached with your photo and your markings.
- Your original passport
- Invitation letter from Vietnam (in case you want to apply for a business visa)
- Other necessary documents at the request of the Embassy.
You should contact the Embassy directly to ask for more detailed information to have the best preparation, to avoid having to come back many times.
Vietnam Visa on arrival
If you are Malagasy and enter at Vietnam international airport, the most convenient way to get Vietnam visa is to get visa on arrival (you can get visa right at the airport)
In this way, you just need to contact us for a visa online, provide us with your correct information and our visa consultants will assist you with your application at the Vietnam Immigration Department. . Visa approval letter will be sent to your email, you will be stamped visa upon arrival at Vietnam airport.
- Fill out the secure application form.
- Receive a visa approval letter via email after handling time.
- Print out the letter and submit it to get the visa stamp after you arrive at Vietnam international airport (Ha Noi/ Ho Chi Minh/ Da Nang/ Nha Trang…). That’s all.
After all, if you have any questions about Vietnam visa requirements for Malagasy citizens, please contact us via: