Vietnam is a country that attract many tourists from Europe to come for work, travel, and business, especially Icelandic citizens. But the visa is a barrier as its the first requirement for Icelandic citizens who want to visit Vietnam. Take the chance, we’ve prepared this article to share with you valuable information about the process.
- Besides a Vietnam visa, your passport MUST be valid over 6 months beyond the arrive time and have at least 2 blank pages for visa stamps.
- Travelers need to to show the onward ticket when coming to Vietnam on the visa exemption.
- Children under the age of 14 years who have their own passport can be exempted or have to pay the same fees to obtain a Vietnam visa as adults.
- Travelers who arrive at Phu Quoc directly from a third country, or from airports in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, can stay in this island without a visa for up to 30 days.
- Visa on arrival airport accepts only at Vietnam International airports. Travelers, who come to Vietnam via borderland or seaport, need to obtain a visa stamp into your passport in advance.
How to apply for a visa from Iceland?
Icelandic citizens or travelers in here, who need a visa, are provided in three ways. The first, through the Vietnam Embassy in London or the country that has presented by Vietnam Embassy. The second is getting a visa on arrival airport (VOA) and the last one is E-Visa.
1. Apply at Vietnam Embassy in London
Vietnam Embassy from London is the closest one to Iceland.
Address: 12 – 14 Victoria Road, London W8 5RD, England
General line: +44-20 7937 1912
Fax: +44-20 7565 3853
Working hours: From Monday to Friday
Consul: 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM (visas, passports, legalization)
Office: 9:00 AM – 17:00 PM
The Embassy will be closed on Vietnamese Public Holidays and British Public Holidays.
2. Vietnam Visa on arrival
The easiest way to get a Vietnam visa from Iceland is applying for a visa on arrival airport. In this way, you don’t need to visit the Vietnam Embassy or send off your passport to the Office. In short, you just need to complete 03 simple steps as below:
- Apply for a visa online by filling the secure application form
- Receive a visa approval letter via email after processing time.
- Print out the letter and submit it to get the visa stamp after you arrive at Vietnam international airport (Ha Noi/ Ho Chi Minh/ Da Nang/ Nha Trang…). That’s all.
Importantly, the visa on arrival airport accepts only when you travel by air. If you enter Vietnam via borderland, you have to visit the Consulate to get a visa stamp beforehand.
How much does it cost?
The standard processing time is 3 working days and visa expedited service is always available.
The E-visa is valid for only 30 days with a single entry. Also, it takes 3 – 4 working days to get the result.
After all, if you have any questions about Vietnam visa requirements for Icelandic citizens, please contact us via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 902 795 056 – 918 709 338