Norwegian citizens DO NOT need an entry visa for a stay of a maximum of 15 days in Vietnam. It should be noted, after your 1st visa exemption period, you have to wait outside Vietnam for at least 30 days to get the next visa exemption period. Therefore, you need to apply for a visa to Vietnam when you want to spend more than 15 days in this country or a gap between two visa-free is less than 30 days.
- Besides a Vietnam visa, your passport MUST be valid over 6 months beyond the arrival time and have at least 2 blank pages for visa stamps.
- Travelers need to to show the onward ticket when coming to Vietnam on the visa exemption.
- Children under the age of 14 years who have their own passport can be exempted or have to pay the same fees to obtain a Vietnam visa as adults.
- Travelers who arrive at Phu Quoc directly from a third country, or from airports in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, can stay in this island without a visa for up to 30 days.
- Visa on arrival airport accepts only at Vietnam International airports. Travelers, who come to Vietnam via borderland or seaport, need to obtain a visa stamp into your passport in advance.
Outside these exemptions, Norwegian citizens need to have a visa that is provided in two ways. First, through the Vietnam Embassy in Norway and second is getting a visa on arrival airport (VOA).
1. Apply at the local Embassy
Here are the contact details of the Vietnam Embassy in Norway.
Address: St. Olavs Gate 21C, 0165 Oslo.
Post office : Pb. 6635 St Olavsplass, 0130 Oslo.
Tel: +47 22 20 33 00
Fax: +47 22 20 33 01
Working time: Monday – Friday: 09.30 – 12.30; 13.30 – 18.00
It should be noted, the Embassy closes on Saturdays, Sundays, both Vietnam and public holidays of Norway.
2. Vietnam Visa on arrival
Another way to get a Vietnam visa from Norway is applying for a visa online. In this way, you don’t need to visit the Vietnam Embassy or send off your passport to the Office. In short, you just need to complete 03 simple steps as below:
- Apply online by secure application form
- Receive a visa approval letter via email.
- Print out the letter and submit it to get the visa stamp after you arrive at Vietnam international airport (Ha Noi/ Ho Chi Minh/ Da Nang/ Nha Trang…). That’s all
After all, if you have any questions about Vietnam visa requirements for Norwegian citizens, please contact us via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 902 795 056 – 918 709 338
Or email@example.com – firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply