Temporary residence cards (TRCs) are issued by Immigration Department/Office for foreigners who studying, doing a business, working as a contract with a company in Vietnam etc. There are many types of temporary residence cards which valid over 12 months but less than 5 years.
Here are some type of TRCs and procedure to get it:
1. For applicants who has a sponsor of hosting organization in Vietnam
- Notarized copy of the investment licenses; business license; permits the establishment of enterprises…
- The original passport with the valid and suitable visa.
- Complete the form Na6 and Na8.
- Proof of temporary residence registration by local police.
- 01 certificate of a legal seal and sign of the business license, investment license…
- 02 passport photos (size 2×3 cm).
- The introducing letter from the company, organization……
Beside these basic document and depend on a type of TRC that you’re going to apply for, you have to provide extra document as bellow:
I. ĐT: issued to foreign investors or foreign lawyers practicing in Vietnam. It valid from 1 year up to 5 years.
- The current visa is categorized ĐT.
II. LV2: issued to people who come to work with socio-political organizations, social organizations, Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- A written request from the inviting entity.
- The current visa is categorized LV2.
III. DH: issued to people who come to study or participate in an internships.
- The current visa is categorized DH.
- A written request or acceptance letter from school.
IV. LĐ: Issued for foreign workers who has a work permit in Vietnam. It valid from 1 – 2 years.
- Notarized copy of the work permit.
- The current visa is categorized LĐ/DN.
V. NN1: issued to managers of the representative offices or projects of international organizations and foreign non-governmental organizations in Vietnam. It valid from 1 – 2 years.
- The current visa is categorized NN1.
VI. NN2: issued to heads of representative offices, branches of foreign traders, representative offices of other foreign economic, cultural, professional organizations in Vietnam. It valid from 1 – 2 years
- The current visa is categorized NN2.
VII. TT/VR: issued to foreigners who are parents, spouses or children under 18 years of age of foreigners issued with LV2, ĐT, NN1, NN2, DH, LĐ visa.
The current visa is categorized TT or VR.
- Certificates that prove the relationship with the cardholder such as birth certificate, marriage certificate.
2. For an applicant who has their spouses/parents is Vietnamese.
The TRC on these case valid from 1 – 3 years. You need to provide:
- Notarized copy of marriage certificate/birth certificate.
- Complete form Na8, Na7
- Notarized copy of Identity Card of Vietnamese spouse/parents and family book in Vietnam.
Processing time and fee:
The standard processing time is between 5 – 7 working days. In an urgent case, extra fee will be added to cut of processing time.
The Government stamp fee for a temporary resident card:
- Valid for over 1 year but less than 2 years: US$145
- Valid than 2 years – 5 years: US$155
Note: extra fee will be added when you apply via agents.
Useful thing you need to know:
- The valid temporary residence card is less than the validity of the passport.
- Not granting temporary residence card for foreigners who have valid passport less than 1 year. On this case, a Vietnam visa stamp will be replaced for TRC.
- Any papers that are not in the Vietnamese language must be notarized and translated to Vietnamese language.
- Form Na6: guaranty and sponsor form for a foreign applicant to apply for a Temporary Resident Card.
- Form Na8: information form for a foreign applicant, include personal detail, current Viet Nam visa detail and request to apply for a temporary resident card…
- Form Na7: guaranty and sponsor form for their spouse/child to apply for a Temporary Resident Card.
Kindly let us know if you have any questions about temporary resident card in Vietnam at:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 902 795 056 – 918 709 338