Whether Sri Lankan visitors to Vietnam need a visa is the most asked question during the period when Vietnam has reopened tourism for interested international tourists. Especially Sri Lankan citizens have a need to travel to Vietnam.
Let’s learn with Vietdream yes how to apply for a tourist visa to enter Vietnam in this article.
Do Sri Lankans need a visa before entering Vietnam?
All Sri Lankan tourists before coming to Vietnam for tourism or for any other reason, need to apply for an entry visa before coming to Vietnam.
In addition to visa, to enter Vietnam, Sri Lankan tourists also need to ensure the following 02 entry conditions:
- Sri Lanka passport valid for at least 06 months from the date of entry;
- Sri Lanka passport with at least 02 blank pages.
How many ways you can get a tourist visa from Sri Lanka to Vietnam?
1. Apply at Vietnam Embassy
There is currently the 01 Vietnam Embassy office in Sri Lanka. That means your Vietnam visa application or consular legalization can be processed more quickly and conveniently than you are in a country without the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate. Below is the contact information for the office.
Chancery: No. 30/5, Ward Place, Colombo 7
Fax: (+94-11) 2692040
Office Hours: Mon – Fri 09.00 am – 12.00 pm; 02.00 pm – 05.00 pm
Consular Section Hours: 02.00 pm – 05.00 pm
The Embassy does not work on the weekend, in both Vietnam and Sri Lanka public holidays. If a public holiday falls on a weekend, the nearest Monday and Tuesday is usually taken instead.
2. Tourist visa on arrival airport
The best way to get a Vietnam tourist visa form Sri Lanka is by applying for a visa online. In this way, you don’t need to visit the Vietnam Embassy or send off your passport to the office. In short, you just have to follow 03 simple steps as below:
- Fill in the secure visa application form.
- Receive an approval visa letter email after progressing time
- Submit the letter to get the Vietnam visa stamp upon arrival airport.
For more detail about how to apply for a tourist visa on arrival airport to Vietnam, please click here.
- The visa on arrival airport accepts only at Vietnam international airports. If you want to cross a borderland to enter Vietnam, you have to obtain a visa stamp in advance.
- Visa will be valid from the date of entry provided on your application and printed on the visa. You may enter ON or AFTER the date of entry given on the visa and is expected to leave before the end of the expiration date.
- It should be noted that the Immigration Law 2019 stipulate travelers who come with the tourist visa valid for 30 days or more, will only be entitled to a temporary stay of 30 days. The visa extension is available when you want to spend more time in this country.
Documents to apply for Vietnam tourist visa include:
- Passport scan (with minimum validity of 6 months)
- Booking flight tickets to Vietnam.
- Expected border gate/airport to enter Vietnam
After receiving all the above 3 information, the company or individual sponsoring the Sri Lankan will carry out procedures to apply for an entry approval letter at the Immigration Department – Ministry of Public Security of Vietnam.
After 5-7 working days, there will be a result of 15-30 days Vietnam Tourist Immigration Official Letter. The next step to do is to paste Vietnam visa at the Embassy or airport.
How much does it cost?
Travelers who apply for the tourist visa on arrival airport need to pay 02 types of fees: service fee and stamp fee.
- Service fee pays for us to handle your visa application at the Immigration Department.
- Stamp fee is regulated by the Vietnamese Government. You need to pay to Immigration Officers on arrival airport in order to get visa stamp onto your passport.
- It should be noted that the Immigration Law 2019 stipulate travelers who come with the tourist visa valid for 30 days or more, will only be entitled to a temporary stay of 30 days. A Visa extension is available when you want to spend more time in this country.
It takes around 03 working days to make a visa and emergency visa service is available for travelers who need a visa on at the last minutes, on weekends or public holidays in both countries.
After all, kindly let us know if you have any questions about Vietnam Tourist visa from Sri Lanka via: