Foreign travelers and Thai citizens, who NEED a tourist/visiting visa to Vietnam, can apply for a visa at the Embassy in Thailand or apply for a visa online. Besides a valid visa, travelers have to check about your passport validity, must be valid over 6 months beyond arrival time, and have at least 02 blank pages left.
How to apply for the tourist visa to Vietnam?
1. Apply at the Vietnam Embassy in Bangkok
Here is the contact of the Embassy:
Address: 83/1 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok , Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 2 251 3552; +66 (0) 2 251 5838; +66 (0) 2 251 7202
Fax: +66 (0) 2 251 7201; +66 (0) 2 251 7203
- From 7:30 to 11:30 and 14:00 to 16:30, Monday through Friday.
- All the Vietnam Embassy is closed to the public on both Vietnam and Thailand holidays.
Please contact directly to the local Embassy/Consulate for the visa procedure and fee.
2. Visa on arrival
Travelers, who do not have free time to visit the Embassy, can apply online for the visa on arrival airport. Also, applicants for the visa on this way DO NOT need to submit your passport, you just follow only 03 simple steps as bellow:
- Fill in the secure visa form online
- Receive the pre-approval letter after confirming process time.
- Get the Vietnam visa stamp upon arrival airport.
For more detail about how to apply for a tourist visa on arrival airport to Vietnam, please click here.
Importantly, the visa on arrival airport accepts only when you travel by air. If you enter Vietnam via borderland, you have to visit the Embassy to get a visa stamp beforehand.
How much does a Vietnam tourist visa cost?
Travelers who apply for the tourist visa on arrival airport in Vietnam need to pay 02 type of fees:
- Service fee: pay for us to handle your visa application at the Immigration Department.
- Stamp fee: is regulated by Vietnamese Government, pay to officers on arrival airport in order to get visa stamp onto your passport.
Here is the visa on arrival fee (provide by Vietdream travel)
Standard processing time: 03 working days. Also, expedited service is available.
- Urgent case: you have to pay the extra US $20 to get the result from 4 – 8 working hours.
- Emergency case: you have to pay the extra US $80 and we will send you the result within 30 – 45 minutes of working.
The visa on arrival online works on the weekend or Thailand and Vietnam Public Holiday (click here to see more detail). And if you want to spend more time in this country, the visa extension or renewal service is available for you.
After all, kindly let us know if you have any questions about tourist visa to Vietnam from Bangkok via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 902 795 056 – 918 709 338