At this time, there are 2 ways to get a Vietnam tourist visa in New Zealand. You can choose either to apply at the Vietnam Embassy or visa on arrival online. This post was created not only for local citizens but also for foreign residents or travelers who NEED a tourist/holiday visa to Vietnam from New Zealand.
1. Apply at the local Embassy
Here is the contact details of the Vietnam Embassy in New Zealand
Address: Level 21 Grand Plimmer Tower, 2-6 Gilmer Terrace, Wellington 6011
Tel: (64-4) 473 5912
Working hour: 9.00 – 12.00; 14.00 –17.00; Monday – Friday.
Please contact directly to the Embassy for the visa fees. Besides the visa fees, applicant may need to pay other current fees (such as visa approval arrangement fee, processing fee, shipping, handling and expedite services).
The standard processing time for a Vietnam tourist visa is 5 working days. Expedited processing will take 02 business days after the Embassy receives the application (additional fee required).
It should be noted, the Vietnam Embassy is CLOSED on both Vietnam and New Zealand Public Holidays, weekends.
2. Tourist visa on arrival airport online
Another way to get a Vietnam tourist visa is applying for a visa on arrival online. In this way, you don’t need to visit or send off your passport to the Vietnam Embassy. In short, you just have to follow 03 simple steps as below:
- Fill in the secure visa form online
- Receive a pre-arranged visa letter via email
- Get the Vietnam visa stamp upon arrival airport.
For more detail about how to apply for a tourist visa on arrival airport to Vietnam, please click here.
- The visa on arrival airport accepts only at Vietnam international airports. If you want to cross a borderland to enter Vietnam, you have to obtain a visa stamp in advance.
How much does a Vietnam tourist visa on arrival cost?
Travelers who apply for the tourist visa on arrival airport need to pay 02 types of fees: service fee and stamp fee.
- Service fee pays for us to handle your visa application at the Immigration Department.
- Stamp fee is regulated by the Vietnamese Government. You need to pay to Immigration Officers on arrival airport in order to get visa stamp onto your passport.
Here is the Vietnam tourist visa fees:
The standard visa processing time is 2 – 3 working days. Also, expedited visa service is available. (Click here for more detail).
Furthermore, the Vietnam visa on arrival airport works on the weekend, both Vietnam and New Zealand public holidays.
After all, kindly let us know if you have any questions about Vietnam Tourist visa in New Zealand via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 902 795 056 – 918 709 338