Hong Kong citizens and foreign travelers, who NEED a tourist/visiting visa to Vietnam, can apply at the local Consulate or apply for a visa on arrival. Besides a valid visa, travelers have to check about your passport validity (must be valid over 6 months beyond arrival time) with at least 02 blank pages left.
How to apply for a Vietnam Tourist visa?
1. Apply at the Vietnam Consulate
Here is the address of the Consulate General of Vietnam in Hong Kong
Address: 15/F, Great Smart Tower, 230 Wan Chai Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2591-4510; 2591-4517; 2835-9358; 2835-9398
Fax: (852) 2591-4524
- From 7:30 to 11:30 and 14:00 to 16:30, Monday through Friday.
Please contact directly to the Consulate for the visa procedure and fee.
Note: The Vietnam Consulate is closed on weekend, China and Vietnam Public Holiday.
2. Visa on arrival
Hong Kong citizens or foreign travelers, who do not have free time to visit the Consulate, can apply for a visa online then get its stamp when you arrive to Vietnam. Also, applicants for the visa on this way DO NOT need to submit your passport, you just follow only 03 simple steps as bellow:
- Fill in the secure visa form online
- Be received the visa approval letter within 3 working days.
- Get the Vietnam visa stamp upon arrival airport.
For more detail about how to apply for a tourist visa on arrival airport to Vietnam, please click here.
Importantly, the visa on arrival airport accepts only when you travel by air. If you enter Vietnam via borderland, you have to visit the Consulate to get a visa stamp beforehand.
How much does a Vietnam tourist visa cost?
Travelers who apply for the tourist visa on arrival airport in Vietnam need to pay 02 type of fees:
- Service fee: pay for us to handle your visa application at the Immigration Department.
- Stamp fee: is regulated by Vietnamese Government, pay to officers on arrival airport in order to get visa stamp onto your passport.
Here is the sample of the visa on arrival fee (provided by Vietdream travel)
Standard processing time: 03 working days. Visa expedited service is available.
- Urgent case: you have to pay the extra US $20 to get the result from 4 – 8 hours.
- Emergency case: you have to pay the extra US $80 and we will send you the result within 30 – 45 minutes.
The visa on arrival online also works on the weekend or China and Vietnam Public Holiday (click here to see more detail).
Kindly let us know if you have any questions about Vietnam tourist visa in Hong Kong via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 902 795 056 – 918 709 338