Applying for a visa is an important step for those who want to come to Vietnam to travel, study or work. And if you are in the Philippines and intend to come to Vietnam, this article will help you better understand the process of applying for a Vietnam visa in Philippines and what to keep in mind.
List of contents
How to apply for a Vietnam visa in Philippines?
Currently, there are 02 ways to apply for a Vietnam visa, you can apply from one of the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate or apply visa online.
1. Apply at the Vietnam Embassy
Here is the contact detail of the Vietnam Embassy in Philippines.
General line: +63-2-5216843 loc. 101
Instructions to apply for a visa at the embassy
To apply for a Vietnam visa in the Philippines, you need to follow these steps:
Step 1: Prepare documents
Before starting the visa application procedure, you need to prepare all necessary documents, including:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months from date of entry.
- Visa application form (can be downloaded on the website of the Vietnamese Embassy in the Philippines).
- 2 latest color photos (3x4cm).
- Invitation letter from company/partner in Vietnam (if going on a business trip) or admission certificate (if going to study abroad).
- Financial proof documents (for example: bank account statement, income certificate…).
Step 2: Submit application at the Vietnamese Embassy in Manila
After preparing all the documents, you need to go to the Vietnamese Embassy in Manila to submit the application and complete the visa application procedure.
Step 3: Receive visa and pay fee
After your application is approved, you will receive a visa and must pay a fee according to the type of visa you are applying for. Then you can plan your trip.
Working time: Monday – Friday from 9:00 Am – 17:00 Pm.
It should be noted, the Vietnam Embassy is closed to the public on both Vietnam and Philippines public holidays. Importantly, you should contact directly to the Embassy visa fees and deliver fees (if any).
Benefits and limitations when applying for a Vietnam visa in the Embassy
Applying for a visa in the Philippines has many benefits, including:
- Save time and money: If you are living in the Philippines, applying for a visa here will save you time and money compared to having to return home to apply for a visa.
- Easy to contact: If any problems occur during the visa application process, you can easily contact the Vietnam Embassy in Manila for support.
- Can combine trips: If you are traveling in the Philippines and want to visit Vietnam during your trip, applying for a visa here will help you save time and money on the trip.
However, applying for a visa in the Philippines also has some limitations, including:
Processing time may be long: Due to the large number of visa applicants at the Vietnamese Embassy in Manila, processing time may be longer than in other countries.
Visa fees can be high: If you apply for a visa at the Vietnamese Embassy in Manila, you will have to pay fees according to the type of visa you apply for. So, if you are in a city far from the Embassy, this may add to your costs.
2. Visa on arrival online
Another way to get a Vietnam visa is applying for a Visa on arrival online. In this way, you don’t need send off your passport or visit the Office. In short, you just need to complete 03 simple steps as below:
- Apply online by secure application form
- Be received the visa approval letter or Vietnam E-visa within 3 working days.
- Print out the letter and submit it on arrival checkpoint to get the visa sticker into your passport.
Procedures for applying for Vietnam airport visa for Philippines
After submitting and getting visa result, you have to print it out before coming to Vietnam.
On arrival checkpoint, you need to submit the visa letter, passport, cash for stamping fee (required when you apply for visa approval letter) at the visa counter. Staff will check and confirm information on your application and documents.
After completing the procedure, you will receive your passport and documents back. Please check carefully to make sure the information on it is accurate and free of errors.
How much does Vietnam visa in Philippines cost?
Applicants for visa at the Embassy/Consulate should contact with the office for more details about their regulated fees.
For visa on arrival (VOA) online, you have to pay 2 types of fees: service fees (pay to visa agent) to handle your visa application and stamp fee incase you apply for business/working/visiting family visa approval letter.
It should be noted applicant for Vietnam E-visa do not require to pay extra for stamp fee. Also you can take a look with our visa on arrival fee then you can click down here to
The standard visa processing is 05 working days, however, urgent visa service is available when you need a result in 1 – 2 working days.
After all, if you have any questions about Vietnam visa in Philippines, please contact us via:
Hotline/Whatsapp/Viber/Zalo (+84)28 3838 8322 – 918 709 338