Applying for a visa is an important and necessary step when you want to come to Vietnam from Austria. However, applying for a visa can be time-consuming and expensive because you have to go to the Vietnamese Embassy in Vienna to submit the application. Luckily, Vietnam visa on arrival for Austrian citizens is another solution, more easily and conveniently than ever. In this article, we will provide you with the necessary information and detailed instructions on how to apply this type of visa.
Types of visas at Vietnam airports for Austrian
1. Tourist visa (symbol DL or Ev) is a type of visa issued to people who want to come to Australia to travel or visit relatives. The duration of a tourist visa is from 1 to 3 months or may vary depending on your travel plans.
2. Business visa (DN symbol) is a type of visa issued to people who intend to go on business trips, conferences, exhibitions or participate in training programs in Australia. The duration of a business visa is from 3 months and can be extended when you need it.
3. Student visa (DH): allows you to come to Vietnam to study for up to 1 year.
4. Family visit visa (symbol TT/VR): issued to relatives of foreigners working in Vietnam, this type of visa is valid for a maximum of 3 months, after which it can be extended or issued according to the sponsor’s visa term.
5. Investment visa (symbol DT): issued to investors; person who contributes to establishing a company/organization in Vietnam. The maximum visa duration for this type of visa issued at the airport is 3 months, after which foreigners can apply for a long-term visa or temporary residence card in Vietnam.
How to get Vietnam Visa on arrival for Austrian Citizens?
In order to get a visa on arrival, applicants need to follow 3 simple steps as below:
- Complete in the visa application form.
- Receive a visa approval letter or Vietnam E-visa via email after processing time.
- Print out the letter and submit it at “Landing visa office” after arriving at Vietnam International checkpoints (airports; seaports; borderlands) to get a full stamp into your passport.
Visa procedure on arrival checkpoints for Austrian
2.1. Upon arrival checkpoint
After submitting and getting a visa result, you have to:
- Print out visa letter
- Passport valid for at least 6 months from date of entry.
- Visa application form – form NA1 (can be downloaded and complete in advance).
On arrival checkpoint, you need to go to the checkpoint and find the visa counter.
2.2. Submit Documents and Records
After going to the visa application counter, you need to submit the necessary documents and records to the staff here. Staff will check and confirm information on your documents and records. If there are no problems, you will be asked to pay the visa application fee (requires when you apply for visa approval letter type working/business/investing/depending visa…which cost 25USD for single or 50USD for multiple entries 3 months).
2.3. Get Visa
After paying the visa application fee, you will receive your passport back with the visa affixed. You need to carefully check the information on the visa to ensure there are no errors. If there is any problem, you need to contact the staff at the visa application counter immediately to have it resolved.
How much does a Vietnam visa on arrival for Austrian citizens cost?
There are 02 types of fees you have to pay:
- Service fee: pays for visa agent in Vietnam to handle your visa application at the Vietnam Immigration Department.
- Stamp fee: pays on arrival checkpoints, at visa counter, to get visa stamp into your passport. Applicants for Vietnam E-visa does not require to pay for stamping fee.
Here is the sample of the visa on arrival fee for applicants in Austrian citizens, after take a look, you can click down here to
The standard visa processing time is 05 working days and visa urgent service is available when you request a visa letter in short time.
Importantly, the visa on arrival works on the weekends and public holidays in both countries.
After all, if you have any questions about Vietnam visa on arrival for Austrian citizens, please contact us via:
Hotline/Whatsapp/Viber/Zalo (+84)918 709 338 – (+84)918 709 338