Nepalese citizens wishing to enter Vietnam are required to apply for a valid Vietnamese visa for tourism and business purposes and the following requirements need to be met:
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months starting from the date of arrival in Vietnam.
- Your passport must contain at least 2 blank pages for visa stamping and entry and exit stamps.
The first option that is valid to apply for Vietnam visa for Nepalese citizens is Vietnam visa on arrival, or landing visa. This type of visa has been popular with many travelers because of its convenience, simplicity, low cost and time saving.
Citizens of Nepal with Vietnam visa are allowed to enter Vietnam via any international airport like Noi Bai (Hanoi), Tan San Nhat (Saigon), Da Nang, Cam Ranh (Nha Trang), Cai Bi ( Hai Phong).
In this way, guests are required to apply online to get a letter of approval and they will receive an official stamp upon arrival at any Vietnam international airport.
How to get a tourist visa from Nepal to Vietnam?
1. Apply at Vietnam Embassy
Consulate General of Vietnam in Kathmandu, Nepal
Address: 152 Rani Devi Marg, Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Fax: +977 9851245203
2. Tourist visa on arrival airport
The best way to get a Vietnam tourist visa form Nepal by applying for a visa online. In other words, you don’t need to visit the Vietnam Embassy or send off your passport to the office. In short, you just have to follow 03 simple steps as below:
- Fill in the secure visa application form.
- Receive visa approval letter via email.
- Submit the letter to get the Vietnam visa stamp upon arrival airport.
For more detail about how to apply for a tourist visa on arrival airport to Vietnam, please click here.
- The visa on arrival airport accepts only at Vietnam international airports. If you want to cross a borderland to enter Vietnam, you have to obtain a visa stamp in advance.
- Visa will be valid from the date of entry provided on your application and printed on the visa. You may enter ON or AFTER the date of entry given on the visa and is expected to leave before the end of the expiration date.
- It should be noted that the Immigration Law 2019 stipulate travelers who come with the tourist visa valid for 30 days or more, will only be entitled to a temporary stay of 30 days. The visa extension is available when you want to spend more time in this country.
How much does it cost?
Travelers who apply for the tourist visa on arrival airport need to pay 02 types of fees: service fee and stamp fee.
- Service fee pays for us to handle your visa application at the Immigration Department.
- Stamp fee is regulated by the Vietnamese Government. You need to pay to Immigration Officers on arrival airport in order to get visa stamp onto your passport.
It takes around 03 working days to make a visa and emergency visa service is available for travelers who need a visa on at the last minutes, on weekends or public holidays in both countries.
Nepalese travelers need to present the following documents to receive Vietnam tourist visa:
- Original passport with a validity of at least 6 months and at least 2 blank pages (such as the scanned copy sent to apply for an entry approval letter).
- 02 recently taken 4x6cm passport photos.
- Official letter approving entry for Nepalese. (Submit A4 prints from the original).
- Form NA1 completed and signed.
- Visa stamping fee
Note: Currently, Vietnam has removed most of the barriers on Covid-19 when entering, but visitors must strictly comply with medical requirements when entering at Vietnam’s airports and border gates.
After all, kindly let us know if you have any questions about Vietnam Tourist visa from Nepal via: