Vietnam is a country that attracting many tourists to come for work, travel and business especially Chilean citizens. Luckily Chilean citizens have free visa to Vietnam for up to 90 days. After 90 days free you need to extend the visa or apply for a new Vietnam visa to stay for longer. Take the chance we’ve prepared this article to share with you valuable information about the process.
- Your passport MUST be valid over 6 months beyond the arrive time and have at least 2 blank pages for visa stamps.
- Travelers need to to show the onward ticket when coming to Vietnam on the visa exemption.
- Children under the age of 14 years who have their own passport can be exempted or have to pay the same fees to obtain a Vietnam visa as adults.
- Travelers who arrive at Phu Quoc directly from a third country, or from airports in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, can stay in this island without a visa for up to 30 days.
- Visa on arrival airport accepts only at Vietnam International airports. Travelers, who come to Vietnam via borderland or seaport, need to obtain a visa stamp into your passport in advance.
How to get a visa?
1. Apply at the local Embassy
There is currently 01 Vietnam Embassy office in Chile. That means your Vietnam visa application or consular legalization can be processed more quickly and conveniently than you are in a country without the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate. Below is the contact information for this Embassy.
Address: Americo Vespucio Sur 833, Las Condes, Santiago, Chile
Tel: (00 56 2) 244 3633 or 244 3755
Office hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 17:30 p.m
The Embassy does not work on weekends, both Vietnamese and Chilean public holidays.
2. Vietnam Visa on arrival
The easiest way to get a Vietnam visa from Chile is applying for a visa online. In this way, you don’t need to visit the Vietnam Embassy or send off your passport to the Office. In short, you just need to complete 03 simple steps as below:
- Fill out the secure application form.
- Receive a visa approval letter via email after handling time.
- Print out the letter and submit it to get the visa stamp after you arrive at Vietnam international airport (Ha Noi/ Ho Chi Minh/ Da Nang/ Nha Trang…). That’s all.
The standard processing time is 03 working days and visa expedited service is always available.
After all, if you have any questions about Vietnam visa requirements for Chilean citizens, please contact us via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 902 795 056 – 918 709 338
Or firstname.lastname@example.org – email@example.com