At this time, there are 2 ways to get a Vietnam visa in Japan. You can choose either to apply at the local Vietnam Consulate/Embassy or visa on arrival airport. This post was created for:
- Japanese citizens who need a visa or want to spend more than 15 days in Vietnam (Japanese passport holders can get 15 days free visa to Vietnam. A gap of 30 days out of the country is required between two-visa free.)
- Foreign residents or travelers who NEED a tourist/holiday visa to Vietnam from Japan.
Besides a valid visa, your passport requires the validity of at least 06 months for eligibility and have at least 02 blank pages.
1. Apply at the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate
Here are the contact details of the Vietnam Embassy and Consulate in Japan.
- Vietnam Embassy in Fukuoka
Address: 4F, Aqua Hakata, 5-3-8 Nakasu, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Japan 810-0801
Direct line:(+81) 922637668
- Vietnam Consulate in Tokyo
Address: Tokyo, 151-0062, Shibuya-ku, Motoyoyogi-cho, 50-11.
Tel: (813) 3466-3313; 3466-3311; 3466-3314.
- Vietnam Embassy in Osaka
Address: 4-2-15 Ichinocho Higashi, Sakai-ku, Sakai-shi, Osaka 590-0952, Japan
Main line: +81-72-221-6666
Working times: from Monday to Friday
– Morning: from 9h to 12h (Monday only: from 10h30 to 12h)
– Afternoon: from 14h to 17h
It should be noted, all of the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate are closed on the Weekends, both Vietnam and Japan public holidays.
Furthermore, you should contact directly to the Embassy or Consulate for more detail about visa procedure and fees.
2. Visa on arrival online
Another way to get a Vietnam visa is applying for a Visa online. In this way, you don’t need to visit the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate. In short, you just need to complete 03 simple steps as below:
- Apply online by secure application form
- Receive the visa approval letter within 3 working days or less.
- Print out and submit the letter on arrival airport to get the visa sticker into your passport.
Click here for more detail about how to apply.
Importantly, the visa on arrival airport accepts only when you travel by air. If you enter Vietnam via borderland, you have to visit the Consulate to get a visa stamp beforehand.
3. How much does a Vietnam visa on arrival cost?
Applicants need to pay 02 types of fees.
- Service fee pays for us to handle your tourist or business visa application at the Vietnam Immigration Department.
- Stamp fee is regulated by Vietnam Government, pays to Immigration Officers upon arrival airport to get visa stamp into your passport.
Here is the sample of the visa on arrival airport fees (provided by Viet Dream Travel).
The standard processing time is 3 working days and visa expedited service is always available. Importantly, the visa on arrival work on the weekend, both Vietnam and Japan public holiday. Furthermore, the Vietnam visa can be extended or renewed for another period of time.
After all, if you have any questions about how to get a visa to Vietnam from Japan, please contact us via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 902 795 056 – 918 709 338
Or email@example.com – firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply