Laotian citizens and foreign travelers, who NEED a visa to Vietnam, can apply for a visa at the Embassy/Consulate in Laos or apply for a visa online. Therefore, the Vietnam visa fees are various as it depends on the type of visa, visa purposes, lengthen of stay, the way you obtain for a visa. In this post, we would like to show you some guides and visa sample fees.
Currently, there are 02 ways to apply for a visa to Vietnam.
1. Apply at the local Embassy/Consulate.
Here is the address of the Vietnam Embassy and Consulates in Laos:
- Embassy of Vietnam in Vientiane: No 85, 23 Singha Road, Ban Phonxay, Saysettha District.
- Consulate General of Vietnam in Pakse: No 31 Phabat, Paksé, Champasak
- Consulate General of Vietnam in Savannakhet: Santyphap road, group 38, Phonxavangtay village, KaysonePhomvihan city.
- Vietnamese Consulate General in Luangprabang: No. 15/II, Watthat Village, Phothixalat Road, Luangprabang Town, Luangprabang Province.
- From 7:30 to 11:30 and 14:00 to 16:30, Monday through Friday.
- All the Vietnam Embassies and Consulates are closed to the public on both Vietnamese and Laos holidays.
Please contact directly to the Embassy/Consulate for visa procedures and fees. Besides the processing fee, you may have to pay extra money for delivering service (if you want to get back your passport by mailing) or expedited services (if any).
2. Visa on arrival online
Another way to get a visa to Vietnam is visa on arrival. This way allows you to apply visa online and get the visa stamp upon arrival airport. It does not matter where you live, no passport submission, you just need to follow 03 simple steps as below:
- Fill in the visa secure form online.
- Receive the visa approval letter on arrival airport
- Submit the visa letter when you arrive at Vietnam airport to get the visa stamp into your passport.
This way could save a lot of money and time as you don’t need to visit or send off your original passport to the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in Laos.
How much does a Vietnam visa cost in Laos?
Here is the sample of the Vietnam visa on arrival fee.
Applicants for a visa on arrival from Laos need to pay 2 types of fee:
- Visa service fee: pay to the agent to handle and apply a visa for you at Immigration Department.
- Visa stamp fee: regulated by the Vietnamese Government, pay to officers upon arrival airport to get visa stamp onto your passport.
Standard processing time: 3 working days. Applicants who need expedited service can pay extra to get a visa faster:
1. Tourist/visiting visa:
Urgent case: +US $20, you will receive the result from 4 – 8 working hours.
Emergency case: +US $80, you will get the visa within 45 minutes.
2. Business/working visa:
Urgent case: +US $20 to get the result within 2 working days.
Emergency case: +US $70 to get the visa within 8 working hours.
- The Vietnam visa on arrival services work on the weekends, both Vietnam and Laos Public holidays as well. But only the tourist visa applicant can be handled during this period. (click here for more details)
- We will refund 100% of your payment if your application is rejected by the Government.
After all, kindly let us know if you have any questions about Vietnam visa fees in Laos via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 902 795 056 – 918 709 338