At this time, there are 2 popular ways to get a Vietnam visa in United States. You can choose either to apply at the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate or visa on arrival airport. This post was created for:
- American passport holders who want to visit Vietnam.
- Foreign residents or travelers who NEED a visa to Vietnam.
I. Apply at the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate
Here is the address of the Vietnam Embassies and Consulates in United States
1 .Vietnam Embassy in Washington
Address: 1233 20th Street, NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20036.
Tel: (202) 861-0737 – Fax: (202) 861-0917.
2. Vietnam Consulate in Houston
Address: 5251 Westheimer road, Houston, Texas 77056, USA, Suite 1100.
Tel: (1) 713-850-1233 / Fax: (1) 713-871-0312
3. Vietnam Embassy in New York
Address: 866 U.N. Plaza, Suite 428, New York, NY 10017, New York.
Tel: 1-212-644-0594 or 1-212-644-2535
4. Vietnam Consulate in San Francisco
Address: 1700 California St, Suite 580 San Francisco, CA 94109.
Tel: (+415) 9221707 or (+415) 9221577
It should be noted, the Vietnam Embassies and Consulates are closed on Saturday, Sunday, both Vietnam and the United States public holidays. Importantly, you should contact directly to the Embassy/Consulate about visa procedures and fees.
II. Visa on arrival online
Another way to get a Vietnam visa is applying for a Visa on arrival online. In this way, you don’t need to visit the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate. In short, you just need to complete 03 simple steps as below:
- Apply for a visa online by filling secure application form
- Receive the visa approval letter via email.
- Print out and submit the letter on arrival airport to get the visa sticker into your passport.
Click here for more detail about how to apply.
Importantly, the visa on arrival airport accepts only when you travel by air. If you enter Vietnam via borderland, you have to visit the Consulate to get a visa stamp beforehand.
3. How much does a Vietnam visa cost?
Applicants, for a Vietnam visa on arrival airport in United States, need to pay 02 types of fees.
- Service fee pays for us to handle your visa application at the Vietnam Immigration Department.
- Stamp fee is regulated by the Vietnam Government. You need to pay to Immigration Officers upon arrival airport to get visa stamp into your passport.
Here is the sample of the visa on arrival fees (provided by Viet Dream Travel)
The standard processing time is 3 working days and visa expedited service is always available.
- The visa on arrival work on the weekend, both Vietnam and the United States public holiday.
- Your passport requires the validity of at least 06 months beyond arrival time.
- Currently, Vietnam has introduced a pilot electronic visa system. But the E-visas are granted for single entry visits for up to 30 days. Also, it’s eligible for only 81 countries and territories.
After all, if you have any questions about how to apply for a Vietnam visa in United States, please contact us via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 902 795 056 – 918 709 338
Or email@example.com – firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply