Canadians before coming to Vietnam need to apply for a Vietnam visa to be able to enter Vietnam to work, travel, visit relatives or work. Let’s learn with Vietdream Team the procedures and documents to apply for a Vietnam Visa for Canadians in this article.
Conditions to apply for a Vietnam visa are the same as most other nationalities, including:
- Canadian passport valid for at least 1 month
- Passport with blank pages for visa stamping, extension of stay
- Not subject to entry restrictions
Procedures to apply for a Vietnam visa for Canadians:
About the procedure to apply for a visa to Vietnam will depend on the purpose and reason of entry of Canadians. Currently, there are 3 main ways to apply for a Vietnam visa for Canadians.
I. Apply for a visa at the local Embassy/Consulate:
1. Embassy of Vietnam in Ottawa
Address: 55 Mackay Street, Ottawa, ON K1M 2B2.
2. Consulate General of Vietnam in Vancouver
Tel : +1 604-629-0189
WORKING TIME: Monday – Friday: 9.00 am – 17.00 pm
The Vietnam Embassy is closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and during Viet Nam and Canada holidays.
I. Visa applicants, who want to apply in person at the Embassy/Consulate, need to prepare:
- Your original valid passport
- One passport size photo
- Visa fees in cash
- Fill in the visa application on the website of the Embassy.
- Other supporting documents (if any): a copy of the visa approval document or provision of visa approval reference number issued by the relevant authority of Viet Nam; invitation letter from sponsor/host etc.
The cost for a visa includes visa approval fee, processing, and handling fee, postal service, and expedite service (if required). Visa fees vary depending on the type of visa, duration of stay and type of service (standard or expedite). Please contact the Consular Office for further information.
II. Tourist visa on arrival airport online
Another way to get a Vietnam tourist visa is applying for a visa online. In this way, you don’t need to visit the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate or send off your passport to the office. In short, you just have to follow 03 simple steps as below:
- Fill in the secure visa form online
- Receive a visa approval letter via email after processing time.
- Get the Vietnam visa stamp upon arrival airport.
For more detail about how to apply for a tourist visa on arrival airport to Vietnam, please click here.
- The visa on arrival airport accepts only at Vietnam international airports. If you want to cross a borderland to enter Vietnam, you have to obtain a visa stamp in advance.
- Visa will be valid from the date of entry provided on your application and printed on the visa. You may enter ON or AFTER the date of entry given on the visa and is expected to leave before the end of the expiration date.
Apply for Vietnam tourist e-Visa
Canadian citizens are in the list of 80 countries that are granted Vietnam E-visa, so
For applying for a tourist visa to Vietnam for Canadians, it can be done online, ie submitting an online application through the Vietnam national public service portal.
Documents to apply for E-visa for Canadians include:
- Valid passport
- Photo 4×6 cm
- Expected time of entry, expected border gate of entry
How much does it cost?
Travelers who apply for the tourist visa on arrival airport need to pay 02 types of fees: service fee and stamp fee.
- Service fee pays for us to handle your visa application at the Immigration Department.
- Stamp fee is regulated by the Vietnamese Government. You need to pay to Immigration Officers on arrival airport in order to get visa stamp onto your passport.
The standard processing time is 3 working days and visa expedited service is always available. The Vietnam visa on arrival airport also works on the weekend and public holidays of both countries.
It should be noted that the Immigration Law 2019 stipulate travelers who come with the tourist visa valid for 30 days or more, will only be entitled to a temporary stay of 30 days. The visa extension is available when you want to spend more time in this country.
After all, kindly let us know if you have any questions about Vietnam Tourist visa for Canadian citizens via: