Are you Ugandan and planning a trip to Vietnam? It should be noted, Ugandan citizens need a visa to visit the country. Please refer to this article for all the necessary information about applying for a visa for Ugandans when traveling to Vietnam.
Type of Visa Ugandans Can Get When Traveling to Vietnam
If you are a citizen of Uganda and want to visit cities in Vietnam, you will need a valid visa to enter. Currently, there are two types of visas that Ugandans can apply for when traveling to Vietnam:
- Tourist visa: This is a type of visa for foreigners who come to Vietnam for the purpose of tourism, vacation or visiting family and friends in this country. This visa can be valid from 1 month to 3 months.
Business visa: For those coming to Vietnam for business, conference or exhibition purposes, they can apply for a business visa. This type of visa can also be valid for 1 to 3 months.
Vietnam Visa on arrival airport for Uganda Citizens
Ugandan citizens apply for a visa online then submit the result and get a visa stamp upon arrival airport in Vietnam. It’s called visa on arrival (VOA). This is the fastest and cheapest way to get a Vietnam visa. In order to get a visa on arrival airport, applicants need to follow 3 simple steps as below:
- Fill in the Vietnam visa application form.
- Receive a visa approval letter via email after processing time.
- Print out the letter and submit it at “Landing visa office” after arriving at Vietnam International airport (Ha Noi/Ho Chi Minh/Da Nang/Nha Trang…) to get a full stamp into your passport. That’s all.
It should be noted that the visa on arrival airport accepts only when you travel by air. If you enter Vietnam via borderland, you have to select and apply for Vietnam Evisa.
How to fill in the Vietnam Visa application form?
First, you need a tablet, laptop, computer or smartphone with an internet connection. Following is required information to fill in the form:
- Full of your name detail exactly on the passport: first, middle and last name.
- Date of birth: follow the format on the form will be DD/MM/YY.
- Nationality (present): same on the passport that you are using to enter Vietnam.
- Passport number: check the exact date as shown on the passport, and check the date of expiry.
- Arrival time: applicants must fill-in the suitable Date of Arrival or proposed dates of entry. With this registered entry date on the Vietnam visa approval letter, you can then choose to enter Vietnam on or later BUT not earlier than the approved date.
- Type of visa requires (single/double/multiple).
- A purpose of the entry (tourist or business).
How much does a Vietnam visa on arrival cost?
There are 02 types of fees you have to pay:
- Service fee: pays for us to handle your visa application with Vietnam Immigration Department.
- Stamp fee: pays to Immigration Office on arrival check point to get visa stamp into your passport. For Evisa on arrival airport, there is no extra fee required applicants pay on arrival.
The standard visa processing time is 5 – 7 working days and visa expedited service is available (it would be contact directly to us to get a confirmation).
Importantly, the visa on arrival works on the weekends and public holidays in both countries.
After all, if you have any questions about Vietnam visa on arrival for Ugandan citizens, please contact us via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84)28 3838 8322 – 918 709 338