New Zealand passport holders have REQUIRED a visa to visit Vietnam. Currently, there are 2 ways to get a Vietnam visa in Wellington. You can choose to apply either at the local Embassy or apply online for a visa on arrival airport.
- Besides a Vietnam visa, your passport MUST be valid over 6 months beyond the arrive time.
- Visa on arrival airport accepts only at Vietnam International airports. Travelers, who come to Vietnam via borderland or seaport, need to obtain a visa stamp into your passport in advance.
1. Apply at the local Embassy
Here are the contact details of the Vietnam Embassy in Wellington.
Address: Level 21 Grand Plimmer Tower, 2-6 Gilmer Terrace, Wellington 6011
Tel: (64-4) 473 5912
Working hour: 9.00 – 12.00; 14.00 –17.00; Monday – Friday
Please contact directly to the Embassy for the visa procedure and fees.
It should be noted, the Embassy is CLOSED on both Vietnam and New Zealand public holidays.
2. Vietnam Visa on arrival
Another way to get a Vietnam visa from Wellington is applying for a Visa on arrival online. In this way, you don’t need to visit the Vietnam Embassy or send off your passport. In short, you just need to complete 03 simple steps as below:
- Apply for a visa online by secure application form
- Receive a pre-arranged visa letter via email.
- Print out the letter and submit it to get the visa stamp after you arrive at Vietnam international airport (Ha Noi/ Ho Chi Minh/ Da Nang/ Nha Trang…).
For more detail about how to apply for a visa on arrival airport to Vietnam, please click here.
How much does a Vietnam visa on arrival airport cost?
Travelers who apply for the visa on arrival airport need to pay 02 types of fees: service fee and stamp fee.
- Service fee pays for us to handle your visa application at the Immigration Department.
- Stamp fee is regulated by the Vietnamese Government. You need to pay to Immigration Officers on arrival airport in order to get visa stamp onto your passport.
Here is the Vietnam visa on arrival cost:
It takes 02 – 03 working days to make a visa approval letter. Also, expedited visa service is available. (Click here for more detail).
Furthermore, the Vietnam visa on arrival airport works on the weekend, both Vietnam and New Zealand public holidays.
After all, kindly let us know if you have any questions about Vietnam visa in Wellington via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 902 795 056 – 918 709 338
Or firstname.lastname@example.org – email@example.com
Leave a Reply