The procedure to apply for a Vietnam visa for the French is an important step in deciding whether the French are eligible to be granted an entry visa to Vietnam. With different entry purposes, the procedures will also be different, French individuals or guarantors should know exactly the current Vietnam immigration policies to prepare better documents. But if you don’t really understand how to apply for a visa, the procedure will take a long time and take a lot of effort.
To make it easier for the French to get a Vietnam visa, here’s a guide on how to apply for a Vietnam visa for the French that Vietdream Team has compiled the most complete and accurate way to send it to you.
Do French citizens need to apply for a visa to Vietnam?
French people are exempted from visas and visas when entering Vietnam under the unilateral visa exemption policy of the Vietnamese government for France. That is, French nationals do not need to apply for a visa when coming to Vietnam. However, the visa exemption only allows them to temporarily stay in Vietnam for a period of 15 days if the following conditions are met:
- Have a valid passport issued by a competent authority of France, the passport is valid for at least 3 months from the date of entry.
- Have a round-trip transport ticket or go to another country.
- Not being allowed to enter Vietnam.
- French citizens who need a visa or want to spend more than 15 days in this country.
- Foreign residents or travelers who NEED a tourist/holiday visa to Vietnam.
1. Apply at the local Embassy
Here are the contact details of the Vietnam Embassy in France.
Address: 62 Rue Boileau – 75016 Paris
- Monday– Friday: from 09.00 hrs – 17.00 hrs (Except Viet Nam’s and France Public Holidays and Weekends).
2. Tourist visa on arrival airport online
Another way is applying for a visa on arrival online. In this way, you don’t need to visit the Vietnam Embassy. In short, you just have to follow 03 simple steps as below:
- Fill in the secure visa form online
- Receive a visa approval letter via email
- Submit the letter to get the Vietnam visa stamp upon arrival airport.
For more detail about how to apply for a tourist visa on arrival airport to Vietnam, please click here.
- The visa on arrival airport accepts only at Vietnam international airports. Therefore, you have to get a visa stamp before entering Vietnam via borderland or seaport.
How much does a Vietnam tourist visa cost in France?
Travelers who apply for the tourist visa on arrival airport need to pay 02 types of fees: service fee and stamp fee.
- Service fee pays for us to handle your visa application at the Immigration Department.
- Stamp fee is regulated by the Vietnamese Government. You need to pay to Immigration Officers on arrival airport in order to get visa stamp onto your passport.
The fact that foreigners apply for a visa and receive a visa at the airport is considered the most convenient, fast and economical form of applying for a Vietnam visa.
To apply for a Vietnam e-visa (evisa), you can access the website of the Vietnam Immigration Portal,
the e-visa page: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt and complete the information following the instructions on the website.
After all, kindly let us know if you have any questions about Vietnam Tourist visa in France via: