Besides a valid visa, travelers have to check about your passport validity (must be valid over 6 months beyond arrival time).
1. Apply at the Embassy/Consulate
Here is the address of the Vietnam Embassy and Consulates in Thailand:
- The Consulate General of Vietnam in Khonkaen: 65/6 Chatapadung, Khonkaen
- The Embassy of Vietnam in Bangkok: 83/1 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok.
- From 7:30 to 11:30 and 14:00 to 16:30, Monday through Friday.
- All the Vietnam Embassies and Consulates are closed to the public on both Vietnam and Thailand holidays.
Please contact directly to the Embassy/Consulate for visa procedures and fees. Besides the visa fees, applicants may need to spend extra money on transportation, delivering services, expedited service (if any)…
2. Visa on arrival online
Another way to get a visa to Vietnam is visa on arrival. This way allows you to apply visa online them get its visa stamp upon arrival airport. It does not matter where you live, no passport submission, you just need to follow 03 simple steps as below:
- Fill in the visa secure form online.
- Receive the visa approval letter on arrival airport
- Submit the letter when you arrive at Vietnam airport to get the visa stamp.
This way could save a lot of money and time as you don’t need to visit the Embassy/Consulate in Thailand.
Importantly, the visa on arrival airport accepts only when you travel by air. If you enter Vietnam via borderland, you have to visit the Consulate to get a visa stamp beforehand.
How much does a Vietnam visa cost in Thailand?
Here is the sample of the visa on arrival airport fee (provided by Vietdream travel).
Applicants for a visa on arrival from Laos need to pay 2 types of fee:
- Visa service fee: pay to the agent to handle and apply a visa for you at Immigration Department.
- Visa stamp fee: regulated by the Vietnamese Government, pay to officers upon arrival airport to get visa stamp onto your passport.
Standard processing time: 3 working days. Urgent or emergency visa service is available for who need a visa result faster:
1. Tourist/visiting visa:
Urgent case: +US $20, you will be received the result from 4 – 8 working hours.
Emergency case: +US $80, you will get the visa within 45 minutes.
Note: the Vietnam Embassy and Consulate are closed on the weekend and Vietnam Public Holiday but you can apply for the Emergency visa to Vietnam with the visa on arrival (Click here for more detail).
2. Business/working visa:
Urgent case: +US $20 to get the result within 2 working days.
Emergency case: +US $70 to get the visa within 8 working hours.
- Only the tourist visa can be solved during the weekend or Public holiday.
- We will refund 100% of your payment if your application is rejected by the Government.
Kindly let us know if you have any questions about Vietnam visa fees in Thailand via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84) 902 795 056 – 918 709 338