Vietnam is a popular tourist destination in Southeast Asia. With famous landscapes such as Ha Long Bay, Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, Mekong Delta or Ho Chi Minh City, the country is becoming a favorite destination for Korean tourists. Traveling to Vietnam for the purpose of tourism or visiting relatives, Koreans do not need to apply for a visa or in other words are exempted from visa for 45 days. However, Koreans entering Vietnam for other purposes such as work, investment, business… need to apply for a valid visa.
List of contents
Common Vietnam visa types for Korean passport holders
- Visa exemption: for purposes of tourism and visiting relatives entering Vietnam for a short period of time (no more than 45 days).
- Tourist visa (symbol DL) or Evisa: valid for a maximum of 90 days for tourism purposes, family visits…
- Business visa (symbol DN): valid for a maximum of 90 days for business and work purposes
- Working visa (symbol LD): valid according to the work permit (maximum 2 years), for workers from Korea.
- Dependent visa (symbol TT or VR) is a type of visa issued to relatives of foreigners working in Vietnam. The visa is valid according to the sponsor’s visa; or issued to Koreans married/children of Vietnamese.
- 5-year visa exemption is granted to foreigners who have registered their marriage with Vietnamese people.
- Student visa (symbol DH) issued to Korean students studying at one of the schools in Vietnam.
- Investment visa (symbol DT) issued to foreigners to contribute capital and invest in Vietnam, with a maximum term of 5 years.
How to get a Vietnam visa for South Korean?
Currently, there are 2 ways to get a Vietnam visa for South Korean. You can choose to apply either at the local Embassy or apply online for a visa on arrival airport.
1. Apply at the Vietnam Embassy in South Korea.
Here are the contact details of the Embassy.
1. Receiving Documents Hours:
– Monday and Thursday: 09.30-12.00
– Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 09.00-12.00
2. Returning Results Hours: 14.30-17.00 every working day
Please contact directly to the Office for the visa procedure and fees.
It should be noted, the Embassy is CLOSED on both Vietnam and South Korea public holidays.
2. Vietnam Visa online
Another way to get a Vietnam visa in South Korea is applying for a Visa online. In this way, you don’t need to visit the Vietnam Embassy or send off your passport. In short, you just need to complete 03 simple steps as below:
- Fill out the secure application form
- Receive a visa approval letter or Vietnam Evisa via email.
- Print out the letter and submit it to get the visa stamp after you arrive check points in Vietnam.
For more detail about how to apply for visa online to Vietnam, please click here.
How much does a Vietnam visa for South Korean cost?
Travelers who apply for the visa on arrival airport need to pay 02 types of fees: service fee and stamp fee.
- Service fee pays for us to handle your visa application at the Immigration Department.
- Stamp fee is regulated by the Vietnamese Government. You need to pay to Immigration Officers on arrival airport in order to get visa stamp onto your passport.
It should be noted, applicants for Vietnam Evisa do not require to pay extra for visa stamp fee on arrival check points. You can follow and check Vietnam visa service fees or
It takes 05 – 07 working days to make a visa letter. Also, expedited visa service is available.
Furthermore, the Vietnam visa online works on the weekend, and public holidays in both countries.
After all, kindly let us know if you have any questions about Vietnam visa for South Korean via:
Hotline/Whatsaap/Viber/Zalo (+84)28 3838 8322 – 918 709 338